Granny annex specification
Main annex features:
Our annexes are constructed to full residential building control standard floors, walls and roof.
Double glazed tilt and turn windows.
28mm T&G floor boards.
Exterior cavity wall insulated from the outside.
All electrical cables hidden.
Shower room and kitchenette fitted.
From the ground up:
- Treated timber sub-floor joists with 50mm rigid insulation board inlay.
- 28mm floor boards and skirting trim.
- 80mm log walls batten to exterior in filled with Superfoil insulation and clad to finish.
- Internal walls all 80mm thick.
- Six panel interior doors, double glazed tilt and turn windows.
- Shower room fitted to include, toilet, shower (baths are extra - see below) and basin.
- Kitchen to include four floor units, four wall units, sink, plumbing for washing machine, Hob and fridge spur.
- Hot water exchange unit to feed both kitchen and shower room.
- Electric wall mounted convection heaters to each room.
- Rafters clad over by T&G boards, Superfoil insulated, baton and covered by 18mm OSB and finished off with Katepal 15 year Felt roof shingles.
Wider doors for wheelchair access are available upon request. Low maintenance cladding option available, guaranteed for fifteen years without treatment.
Additional costs not included as standard:
These options are too difficult to give as a general price option, as they vary from site to site.
- Running water supply and armoured electric cable to and from the main home to the annexe, and waste water pipe to mains drainage
- Foundation installation
- Tiling shower room & kitchen
- Baths can be supplied. Normally showers are installed due to the premium on space. However a bath can be installed but an upgraded hot water system will be needed to accommodate this.
- Professional fees for gaining any permissions if applicable. If you wish to discuss planning issues for your site please click here.
- Plastered walls if required (adds 5% to the cost of the unit)
Last update: 18.10.2016